Skip to main content

Beauty in the Midst of Darkness

"And provide for those who grieve in Zion to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes" Isaiah 61:3

This week has been incredibly difficult, but absolutely amazing.  I was sick with something--soar throat, upset stomach, sinus issues, headache--each day. But the Lord gave me strength to push through. My boys were incredible. On Thursday, I brought 2 boys in the prayer/deliverance room. Before I walked in, an overwhelming sense of fear penetrated through me. I felt uneasy, embarrassed, slightly fearful, inadequate, etc. But these were lies the devil was feeding me, and I knew that. So I marched in when Paster Mutale asked me to come. There was one more boy ahead of me, so we waited until this boy had been prayed over. The prayer room is an anointed room with oil and the power of God is in that place. I stood with one of my boys and as we began praying for him, he slowly fell to the ground and we continued to shower him with prayer. One of the Zambians, Jackson, shouted over and over again "Let fire rain down and break the chains holding this boy!!" It was so loud but I kept praying and kept praying. We believe that the hold over this boy was broken by the end of the prayer. Ne was joyful so that was good!

next came Joseph.  My apostle told me I needed to take him in to get prayer, so I trusted him. Well it's a good thing these Zambians know how to spot demons. The second Paige, Jackson, Lucy (my moms partner), and I placed our hands on this boy and spoke Jesus' name, his legs buckled. He dropped hard to the ground and every muscle in his body stiffened. I could see his veins and I held his right arm and right leg down. I will say, I have never prayed so hard in my life. And it worked. I could feel the power of God in my words and my hands. It was the most incredible experience of my life.

Needless to say, this boy was wanting to share the evangecube with his community that day. It was amazing to see a change in his spirit. Last year all these boys were angry, aggressive, abrasive, and rude. But there was a kick in their step at the communities. They served and smiled, and spoke the word of the Lord. He transformed their hearts and I was able to watch it. I praise God for allowing me to be a part of His work. When Friday came, I felt relieved and proud.

The Lord had changed their ashes to beauty. Beauty was visible in the midst of the darkness of Satan's evil.

Wow. The Lord is power.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Behold, I will send you Elijah...

I have an amazing story to tell you about a little boy. He turned 4 years old this week. He is a sweet, smart, and precious boy who is already displaying the Lord's glory. When he was about a year and 6 months old, he was admitted into the hospital because of malnutrition and abandonment.   An  orphanage stepped in to care for him when no one else could. Overtime, all his friends and the housemothers knew him as a joyful boy—even though his circumstances did not seem joyful.   Although he lived in an orphanage and was taken care of, he didn't have the one-on-one parenting, love, and support he should have had by his birth parents.   He stayed in the orphanage for almost 2 years. During this time, not one family member visited him. I had the pleasure of meeting this sweet boy when I visited an orphanage one weekend in January. He was the happiest one of them all.   He ran and played with a huge smile on his face.   His personality and demeanor was intriguing. E

Moving to Africa

Well, I wrote up this great informational blog last night, and wouldn't you know... not only did it not post, but it didn't even save. Sooo heres a recap: Yesterday I landed safe and sound with the Hugheys around 7. The airport wait was cramped, hot, humid, and looong, but we made it. First you have to go through immigration, which took about 40 minutes, then we got all of our bags, another 15 minutes, then we waited for customs to check everything we were carrying into Zambia, another 25 minutes. The Zambians shooed me along, but the Hugheys got stuck at baggage check. Unfortunately, with the 6 of them, they had too many bags to carry in. After about thirty more minutes, Erin (the mom) walked out of the airport with some unfortunate news. Every one of their trunks had to stay at the airport where they were opened, searched, and each item counted...for every single one. (we're talking about twenty to twenty five boxes... crazy. But, our amazing Zambian senior staff s

A Humbled Explorer

Today was an incredible day for me. I worked with the Education Department Head here in Zambia as we traveled around to different LCA's bringing them supplies. Because it's the new school year, the cleaning supplies were running out, so we went to several communities--Chilenje, Mtendere, and Kalingalinga--to get cleaning rags, detergent, toilet tissue, wax for the floors, and some soap. Just for your knowledge, it takes a while to get places in Lusaka. First of all, the roads are congested with traffic. Secondly, all the roads aren't paved, especially in the communities, so you are dodging pot holes and people to get down the road. Needless to say, it took a while for us to collect the supplies and drive out to the 3 LCA's we visited. Along the way, I got to know my new coworker a little better. One question I asked him was: did you know you would ever work for an organization like Family Legacy? He answered no and went on to say that after grade 12 he went in