Skip to main content

Two years...

Today is a pretty awesome day!   Two years ago, on August 7th, 2012, Elijah David came home for the first time!  And boy what a mess I was! :)

Last year on Eli's Gotcha Day, I wrote an entry with 12 awesome pictures of Eli displaying his transformation from Day 1 to Day 365!  So this year I'll do the same.  However, before I let you see the pictures, let me just tell you about my beautiful, precious son. He melts my heart.


Elijah is Energetic.  Never does he skip a beat. Whether he's been swimming all day, playing at the park, or running errands with me, he always seems to have energy!  He's especially energetic when he is able to have sugar. One time we were celebrating a birthday party and he had ice cream at 8 pm. Ohhh man, he was running in circles around the kitchen screaming and laughing. Boy oh boy.

Elijah is Light.  Not only is he light hearted in his demeanor, but he's a bright bright light to others.  So many people stop and just look at him.  He catches your eye.  He's a LIGHT in the darkness.

Elijah is Intelligent. When Eli came home, he knew only his native tongue. He and I would struggle just to comprehend each other.  But in 2 short years, my sweet boy has become fluent in English! He is eager to learn, always in wonder, always in question, and picks things up so easily.  He's a smart smart boy. (He would tell you he's big, strong, and smart because he eats his vegetables--thank you Gammy for drilling that into his mind!)

Elijah is Just like any other almost 6 year old boy.  He loves to eat--boy does he love to eat.  He loves to make noises all the time, and will play the Avengers until the sun goes down.  He dresses up in Captain America and Iron Man costumes, cries when he bleeds, laughs when someone makes a "poot" sound, and just sees the world with all possibilities.

Elijah is Anointed. That boy has the power to heal, the gift of prophecy, and an unshakable faith. He is chosen. Chosen for things I can't even wrap my mind around. Jesus chose my son. Jesus is his daddy, and he leads and guides his little boy.  It's unbelievably beautiful when he lays hands on you and you are healed. Amen. Amen. Jesus pour your power on my son. Anoint him to the fullest capacity.

Elijah is Hilarious.  This sweet boy will make the most hilarious faces. He'll belly laugh at his own jokes. He makes me laugh when he dances without fear. He will act out a movie with his toys as it plays. He will tickle me when I'm not prepared.  He's just the best.

My boy may exhaust me at times. He may frustrate me at times. He may push every button he can push.  He may try to sneak in candy at times. He may get that mischievous smile at times. He may whine and moan and groan when he doesn't get his way.

BUT

This boy melts my heart. He is so perfectly paired with me.  He is the only thing that holds me together sometimes.  He literally can smile at me with the most genuine smile and I am moved to the heart of Jesus.  He means what he says.  He makes me desire be a better mother.  He tells me I'm beautiful all the time.  He loves me.  He blesses our family with his humor and his love.

He may not be perfect in behavior, but he is the perfect fit in our little family.

My sugar babe.

August 2013


September 2013


October 2013


November 2013


December 2013


January 2014


 February 2014


March 2014


 April 2014


May 2014


June 2014


 July 2014


 August 2014



I fall more and more in love this boy every day.  

My sugar babe, HAPPY 2 YEARS!!!




"Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the great and awesome day of the LORD comes. And he will turn the hearts of fathers to their children and the hearts of children to their fathers" 
Malachi 4:5-6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Behold, I will send you Elijah...

I have an amazing story to tell you about a little boy. He turned 4 years old this week. He is a sweet, smart, and precious boy who is already displaying the Lord's glory. When he was about a year and 6 months old, he was admitted into the hospital because of malnutrition and abandonment.   An  orphanage stepped in to care for him when no one else could. Overtime, all his friends and the housemothers knew him as a joyful boy—even though his circumstances did not seem joyful.   Although he lived in an orphanage and was taken care of, he didn't have the one-on-one parenting, love, and support he should have had by his birth parents.   He stayed in the orphanage for almost 2 years. During this time, not one family member visited him. I had the pleasure of meeting this sweet boy when I visited an orphanage one weekend in January. He was the happiest one of them all.   He ran and played with a huge smile on his face.   His personality and demeanor was intriguing. E

Moving to Africa

Well, I wrote up this great informational blog last night, and wouldn't you know... not only did it not post, but it didn't even save. Sooo heres a recap: Yesterday I landed safe and sound with the Hugheys around 7. The airport wait was cramped, hot, humid, and looong, but we made it. First you have to go through immigration, which took about 40 minutes, then we got all of our bags, another 15 minutes, then we waited for customs to check everything we were carrying into Zambia, another 25 minutes. The Zambians shooed me along, but the Hugheys got stuck at baggage check. Unfortunately, with the 6 of them, they had too many bags to carry in. After about thirty more minutes, Erin (the mom) walked out of the airport with some unfortunate news. Every one of their trunks had to stay at the airport where they were opened, searched, and each item counted...for every single one. (we're talking about twenty to twenty five boxes... crazy. But, our amazing Zambian senior staff s

A Humbled Explorer

Today was an incredible day for me. I worked with the Education Department Head here in Zambia as we traveled around to different LCA's bringing them supplies. Because it's the new school year, the cleaning supplies were running out, so we went to several communities--Chilenje, Mtendere, and Kalingalinga--to get cleaning rags, detergent, toilet tissue, wax for the floors, and some soap. Just for your knowledge, it takes a while to get places in Lusaka. First of all, the roads are congested with traffic. Secondly, all the roads aren't paved, especially in the communities, so you are dodging pot holes and people to get down the road. Needless to say, it took a while for us to collect the supplies and drive out to the 3 LCA's we visited. Along the way, I got to know my new coworker a little better. One question I asked him was: did you know you would ever work for an organization like Family Legacy? He answered no and went on to say that after grade 12 he went in