Skip to main content

We will cry out, Hallelujah.

So Jesus is just here tonight. In my house. In my heart. He's just here. And he's just so still. I recently found this song on my iTunes that I didn't realize I had. What a find it was. Sons and Daughters: Poor and Powerless.  There is something about soft, still worship music that rocks me to the core. My spirit yearns for Jesus as my husband, my comforter, right now...

School ends tomorrow. And the last couple of days have probably been the hardest I have had since I landed in July last year.  When things get sticky or somewhat uncomfortable for me in life, I usually run to any distraction. Laying out with friends, out to dinner, movies, books, work....name it. I know that Jesus is the only satisfaction in ANY time--uncomfortable or not--but sometimes I don't really want to face the situation.  I want a distraction. Tonight, however, my heart just yearns for him. I want to be victorious.  I want to feel of worth. I want to be strong.  And, He is the only constant one. He is the only one who is just always here.

Camp LIFE started this week in Zambia. And my heart is just so yearning to be in that place. To listen to the roar of children's voices praising Jesus' Holy Name. To watch the American's just pour out unconditional love to all 10 of their children. To stand beside the staff believing for miracles. To pray with volunteers who are just worn down physically but on fire spiritually.  How I just miss that place. I miss those kids, volunteers, and staff members. My heart is just rejoicing with them in this moment--as they are able to be the hands and feet of Jesus.

So far away. So distanced from the face to face. Still believing in the miracles.

A few nuggets floating in my mind tonight as I rest at Jesus' feet:

How unworthy I feel to walk in the shoes Jesus has placed me in; yet, I am the ONLY one he has chosen to walk down this specific path.
I am made for the nations.
I am set apart.
Eli is set apart.
My words, not matter how much doubt I have, are FULL of power.
Believing in the impossible is what I'm made to do.

Isn't it amazing that our King will take us the way we are. Broken, hurting, sinful, angry, frustrated, unforgiving...

He takes us the way we are. And he molds.


Poor and Powerless:

All the poor and powerless
And all the lost and lonely
All the thieves will come confess
And know that You are holy
And know that You are holy

And all will sing out
Hallelujah
And we will cry out
Hallelujah
All the hearts who are content
And all who feel unworthy
And all who hurt with nothing left
Will know that You are holy

And all will sing out
Hallelujah
And we will cry out
Hallelujah

Shout it
Go on and scream it from the mountains
Go on and tell it to the masses
That He is God
We will sing out
Hallelujah
And we will cry out
Hallelujah


Jesus mold me... refine me tonight.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Behold, I will send you Elijah...

I have an amazing story to tell you about a little boy. He turned 4 years old this week. He is a sweet, smart, and precious boy who is already displaying the Lord's glory. When he was about a year and 6 months old, he was admitted into the hospital because of malnutrition and abandonment.   An  orphanage stepped in to care for him when no one else could. Overtime, all his friends and the housemothers knew him as a joyful boy—even though his circumstances did not seem joyful.   Although he lived in an orphanage and was taken care of, he didn't have the one-on-one parenting, love, and support he should have had by his birth parents.   He stayed in the orphanage for almost 2 years. During this time, not one family member visited him. I had the pleasure of meeting this sweet boy when I visited an orphanage one weekend in January. He was the happiest one of them all.   He ran and played with a huge smile on his face.   His personality and demeanor was intriguing. E

Moving to Africa

Well, I wrote up this great informational blog last night, and wouldn't you know... not only did it not post, but it didn't even save. Sooo heres a recap: Yesterday I landed safe and sound with the Hugheys around 7. The airport wait was cramped, hot, humid, and looong, but we made it. First you have to go through immigration, which took about 40 minutes, then we got all of our bags, another 15 minutes, then we waited for customs to check everything we were carrying into Zambia, another 25 minutes. The Zambians shooed me along, but the Hugheys got stuck at baggage check. Unfortunately, with the 6 of them, they had too many bags to carry in. After about thirty more minutes, Erin (the mom) walked out of the airport with some unfortunate news. Every one of their trunks had to stay at the airport where they were opened, searched, and each item counted...for every single one. (we're talking about twenty to twenty five boxes... crazy. But, our amazing Zambian senior staff s

A Humbled Explorer

Today was an incredible day for me. I worked with the Education Department Head here in Zambia as we traveled around to different LCA's bringing them supplies. Because it's the new school year, the cleaning supplies were running out, so we went to several communities--Chilenje, Mtendere, and Kalingalinga--to get cleaning rags, detergent, toilet tissue, wax for the floors, and some soap. Just for your knowledge, it takes a while to get places in Lusaka. First of all, the roads are congested with traffic. Secondly, all the roads aren't paved, especially in the communities, so you are dodging pot holes and people to get down the road. Needless to say, it took a while for us to collect the supplies and drive out to the 3 LCA's we visited. Along the way, I got to know my new coworker a little better. One question I asked him was: did you know you would ever work for an organization like Family Legacy? He answered no and went on to say that after grade 12 he went in