Skip to main content

Miraculous Provision

I love the Lord. I love how He answers prayers no matter how big or small they may be. Since I returned to Zambia in December, I've been praying to encounter Him in a more fierce, direct, and miraculous way. And boy has he delivered. In the midst of complete pain, my God answered my prayers.

I have this friend. I've known him for going on 3 years now. He is so dear to me and has been for a while. He's one of those people who you always talk to when you need a laugh, but somehow can flip the switch and listen intently to your story of a hard day. Well, I thought for sure that when I moved to Africa we would most likely lose communication, but we didn't. When I came home in December, I was able to meet with him and his future wife--such a special time for me. I had hoped to see them again, but unfortunately had to settle for a simple text goodbye from the airport.

Time flies when you are working so hard. It was the middle of February before I could even take a breath. I was right in the middle of the 21 day fast we were doing as a church and I got a call from Katy. She said she had to call because something big had happened.

During this time of breaking my flesh every day, the Lord had told my dear roommate that "I just need to keep asking" and that He would answer. So, for the past 15 days, I had been on my face praying fervently for provision. With costs going up this year, it was only a miracle for me to get what I needed to live on. I hadn't seen the Lord move forward in providing funds yet, but I continued to ask and continued to believe that He would.

Back to day 15. This was the day after I found out about the death of the precious girl we loved so much. So I was a bit distracted with emotions. Katy said that she needed to call me to tell me big news because it was so very rare. I was nervous and immediately began thinking something bad had happened. Preparing myself for the worst, she said the Lord had provided 2 of the biggest financial blessings I had seen that were donated in my name. One from the same dear friend who had supported me for the past several years and the other from a man I had never even heard of--both amounting to the same number. I was shocked. I literally froze and tears streamed down my face.

My God had just answered His daughter's cry.

I immediately sent a message to my friend. He responded with a question, "Why is this such a perfect timing for you?" I spent the next several minutes sharing my heart. I mentioned that I had been praying for 15 days and how the Lord had been prompting my roommate to tell me that I just need to keep asking. I explained how this was completely out of the ordinary and could only be God-ordained. Then I asked, "So how did this even begin to happen?" His first response was, "Wait, you started your fast 15 days ago?" Confused at why he pinpointed the timing, I replied with, "Yea...?" (The Lord had already answered my prayer in a HUGE way, but now He was just adding bonus' to it). My friend told me that the Lord told him 15 days ago that he and his fiance should give up the FULL amount of money they were putting away for their honeymoon to me.... 15 days ago. Man the Lord blows me away.

So, over the course of the next 15 days, my friend was questioned by his boss about where they were going for their honeymoon. His reply was something his boss never expected. After explaining what the Lord was calling them to do, his boss said, "Well, how about this. You give half of the money you were told to give and I'll match it." WOW. GOD IS BIG HUH? Once my friend had decided to be obedient to the Lord's calling, God blessed him tremendously. I believe without a shadow of doubt, that the Lord will bless those who are obedient. 3 different sets of people were blessed by one act of obedience. What a beautiful thing. Because my friend continued to have steady faith, the Lord blessed.

Oh man. I just stand amazed at the King. He knows each of us, so very very well. He knows our hearts, our thoughts, our ideas, and our emotions better than anyone else--and He still loves us UNCONDITIONALLY. He calls us to obedience, and blesses us beyond measure when we answer that call with a simple, "Yes." What a great great God. HE is the Great I Am, and I PRAISE Him.

"The mountains shake before you, the demons run and flee.
At the mention of your name King of Majesty.
There is NO power in hell or any who can stand
before the power and the presence of the Great I Am.

Hallelujah. Holy, Holy. God Almighty. Great I Am.
Who is worthy? NONE beside thee. God Almighty, Great I Am."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Behold, I will send you Elijah...

I have an amazing story to tell you about a little boy. He turned 4 years old this week. He is a sweet, smart, and precious boy who is already displaying the Lord's glory. When he was about a year and 6 months old, he was admitted into the hospital because of malnutrition and abandonment.   An  orphanage stepped in to care for him when no one else could. Overtime, all his friends and the housemothers knew him as a joyful boy—even though his circumstances did not seem joyful.   Although he lived in an orphanage and was taken care of, he didn't have the one-on-one parenting, love, and support he should have had by his birth parents.   He stayed in the orphanage for almost 2 years. During this time, not one family member visited him. I had the pleasure of meeting this sweet boy when I visited an orphanage one weekend in January. He was the happiest one of them all.   He ran and played with a huge smile on his face.   His personality and demeanor was intriguing. E

Moving to Africa

Well, I wrote up this great informational blog last night, and wouldn't you know... not only did it not post, but it didn't even save. Sooo heres a recap: Yesterday I landed safe and sound with the Hugheys around 7. The airport wait was cramped, hot, humid, and looong, but we made it. First you have to go through immigration, which took about 40 minutes, then we got all of our bags, another 15 minutes, then we waited for customs to check everything we were carrying into Zambia, another 25 minutes. The Zambians shooed me along, but the Hugheys got stuck at baggage check. Unfortunately, with the 6 of them, they had too many bags to carry in. After about thirty more minutes, Erin (the mom) walked out of the airport with some unfortunate news. Every one of their trunks had to stay at the airport where they were opened, searched, and each item counted...for every single one. (we're talking about twenty to twenty five boxes... crazy. But, our amazing Zambian senior staff s

A Humbled Explorer

Today was an incredible day for me. I worked with the Education Department Head here in Zambia as we traveled around to different LCA's bringing them supplies. Because it's the new school year, the cleaning supplies were running out, so we went to several communities--Chilenje, Mtendere, and Kalingalinga--to get cleaning rags, detergent, toilet tissue, wax for the floors, and some soap. Just for your knowledge, it takes a while to get places in Lusaka. First of all, the roads are congested with traffic. Secondly, all the roads aren't paved, especially in the communities, so you are dodging pot holes and people to get down the road. Needless to say, it took a while for us to collect the supplies and drive out to the 3 LCA's we visited. Along the way, I got to know my new coworker a little better. One question I asked him was: did you know you would ever work for an organization like Family Legacy? He answered no and went on to say that after grade 12 he went in