Skip to main content

HIS Spirit is Strong in Me

The past few weeks have been busy, yet wonderful. The Lord has blessed me in so many amazing ways. With all 14 schools starting on Monday and more and more of our children getting education, I see such a beautiful future in place for each of them. I've been moving to pay the school fees for the children in our program, and it's amazing to see their faces when they know they don't have to worry about school. I was in Kamanga 2 weeks ago, and the children found out we paid for their fees and their uniform. I was in the car and they all came running. I got out and was taken over by the hugs from each of them. So many just said, "Thank you SO much" with a HUGE smile on their faces. Seriously, it doesn't get much better than that.

The Lord has been pressing his love for these orphans and these people into my heart lately. The other day I was driving through town, which is pure chaos--if I haven't told you already. People were crossing the road any time they wanted, the cars were swerving in and out, and I was overwhelmed again at how many people are actually moving around me. I felt myself getting stressed and frustrated. When the car in front of me finally moved, I stepped on the gas only to slam on the brake because a man decided to cross the street. I'm just going to be honest here. I looked at him with anger in my heart. I was mad at him. Immediately, the words, "Megan, I LOVE HIM. Just like I love you." O-U-C-H. I was immediately humbled and asked the Lord for forgiveness.

It's crazy sometimes. The Lord calls us to go, spread his name to the NATIONS so that he will be glorified, yet some of the very people we are ministering to can be a victim of our hatred and anger. I was so convicted. I look at these orphaned children and I have the love of Christ for them, but I look at the man or the woman, who used to be the very child I'm here for, and lack compassion at times.

That small experience reminded me of how BIG, GRACIOUS, MERCIFUL, FAITHFUL, and COMPASSIONATE our God is. I should be bearing the same fruit because I should be walking in the footsteps of my gracious and loving Savior. The fact that my God can love every single person on this earth, baffles and humbles me. He knows every persons prayer before they speak it. He knows every single action before they take it. And He knows every single thought before they even know it. How big is our God?

I pray that my God would sow in me His heart for the NATION of Zambia. Because every person in this nation is an orphan. We are all orphans. And if I'm here to serve the orphans, Lord bring on the NATION. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Behold, I will send you Elijah...

I have an amazing story to tell you about a little boy. He turned 4 years old this week. He is a sweet, smart, and precious boy who is already displaying the Lord's glory. When he was about a year and 6 months old, he was admitted into the hospital because of malnutrition and abandonment.   An  orphanage stepped in to care for him when no one else could. Overtime, all his friends and the housemothers knew him as a joyful boy—even though his circumstances did not seem joyful.   Although he lived in an orphanage and was taken care of, he didn't have the one-on-one parenting, love, and support he should have had by his birth parents.   He stayed in the orphanage for almost 2 years. During this time, not one family member visited him. I had the pleasure of meeting this sweet boy when I visited an orphanage one weekend in January. He was the happiest one of them all.   He ran and played with a huge smile on his face.   His personality and demeanor was intriguing. E

Moving to Africa

Well, I wrote up this great informational blog last night, and wouldn't you know... not only did it not post, but it didn't even save. Sooo heres a recap: Yesterday I landed safe and sound with the Hugheys around 7. The airport wait was cramped, hot, humid, and looong, but we made it. First you have to go through immigration, which took about 40 minutes, then we got all of our bags, another 15 minutes, then we waited for customs to check everything we were carrying into Zambia, another 25 minutes. The Zambians shooed me along, but the Hugheys got stuck at baggage check. Unfortunately, with the 6 of them, they had too many bags to carry in. After about thirty more minutes, Erin (the mom) walked out of the airport with some unfortunate news. Every one of their trunks had to stay at the airport where they were opened, searched, and each item counted...for every single one. (we're talking about twenty to twenty five boxes... crazy. But, our amazing Zambian senior staff s

A Humbled Explorer

Today was an incredible day for me. I worked with the Education Department Head here in Zambia as we traveled around to different LCA's bringing them supplies. Because it's the new school year, the cleaning supplies were running out, so we went to several communities--Chilenje, Mtendere, and Kalingalinga--to get cleaning rags, detergent, toilet tissue, wax for the floors, and some soap. Just for your knowledge, it takes a while to get places in Lusaka. First of all, the roads are congested with traffic. Secondly, all the roads aren't paved, especially in the communities, so you are dodging pot holes and people to get down the road. Needless to say, it took a while for us to collect the supplies and drive out to the 3 LCA's we visited. Along the way, I got to know my new coworker a little better. One question I asked him was: did you know you would ever work for an organization like Family Legacy? He answered no and went on to say that after grade 12 he went in